Last Updated on
Have you ever had a bad experience with food that sticks on your pans? Or having problem with cleaning your cookware? Have you had funny smell while making your food? If your answer is yes, please read this article carefully. When you didn’t your proper cookware, you will experience above-mentioned problems. Today, we are going to compare Stainless Steel Vs Nonstick Frying Pans.
We all know that pots and pans are very important cookware used by every kitchen in the world. Pots and pans allow you to cook different types of dishes you and your family love. When it comes to choosing frying pan, you can choose different types of pan available in the market. Pans come with different prices from different brands. Just to let you need that pots and pans made from different materials. Popular material used to create cookware includes stainless steel, copper, cast iron, aluminium, etc. The latest technology allows us create nonstick frying pans. In fact, nonstick cookware is popular in the market, especially Best Ceramic Nonstick Frying Pan.
When you shop for pots and pans, most likely you will face a dilemma. You need to choose whether to buy stainless steel pan or nonstick frying pan. Choosing stainless steel or nonstick pans have different consequences as both types of pans have different pros and cons. Therefore, choosing any of them is not an easy task. Before you make any decision, you need to consider what kind of food you are going to cook. For example, nonstick pan is suitable to make omelette. On the other hand, if you want to sear your stick, you better use stainless steel pans. We have mentioned earlier that stainless steel pans and nonstick pans both have its pros and cons. To give you better insight into these two popular types of pans we will compare Stainless Steel cookware Vs Nonstick closely.
What Should You Know About Stainless Steel Frying Pans?
Stainless steel is a popular material to create high quality cookware. You can find man different cookware created from stainless steel. Before you buy any stainless steel frying pans, you need to know the following fact:
- Most stainless cookware is made from stainless steel mix with other material such as nickel, chromium, carbon, and iron. Some stainless steel frying pans contain cooper, vanadium as well as small amount of titanium.
- To create high quality cookware they usually create multilayer of steel and other materials. They arrange in such a way so that only stainless steel with getting in touch with your food. This is to prevent any leak from dangerous substance such as chromium and nickel. So, you should never use damage stainless steel cookware as they potentially carry some treat for your health.
- Stainless steel offers excellent heat conductivity as well as heat distribution. This particular cookware is durable and withstands high temperature (you can place your stainless steel in the oven).
- Stainless steel pots and pans are suitable for browning meat and other food. However, before you brown your meat, you need to add some butter or oil.
- However, stainless steel has some drawbacks. Stainless steel pans and pots are not suitable for sautéing as well as gentle heating of any kind of food. This particular cookware has no nonstick surface. Therefore, you may have some difficulty to clean them.
- Stainless steel cookware is more expensive than other types of cookware. So, if you are on tight budget, you need to save money more to buy stainless steel of your dream.
What Should You Know About Nonstick Cookware?
We all know that you can find much different nonstick cookware such as pots, pans, etc. Non-stick cookware is popular in society. When it comes to nonstick cookware Teflon is often associated with it. Teflon is popular brand for chemical compound PTFE or Poly tetra fluoro ethylene used by Teflon brand that started their business in 1940. However, in recent years, there are many other nonstick materials uses in different cookware brand such as anodized aluminium, silicone, ceramic, enamel cast iron and so on. Before you buy any Nonstick cookware it would be better for you to know the following facts:
- All nonstick cookware is created or coated with this layer of nonstick material such as Teflon, anodized aluminium, silicon, etc. These coatings are responsible for nonstick surface on your cookware.
- Nonstick cookware is easy to clean. The nonstick surface enables you to clean your cookware simply with paper towel.
- To cook with nonstick cookware, you don’t need to use much butter or oil. This is a great feature that enables you to cook healthy food you need. We all know that oil and butter contain saturated fat that carries treat for our health. Additionally, nonstick cookware is resistant to acid food such as from wine, tomatoes, etc.
- Most nonstick cookware has is lighter than other types of cookware such as iron cast or stainless steel. However, you may still able to find heavier nonstick pans and pots available in the market.
- In general, nonstick cookware like pans and pots are cheaper than stainless steel cookware. However, you also may find expensive and durable nonstick cookware out there in the market.
- Since you use nonstick cookware, you don’t need to preheat your pan before your fry. You can add your ingredient directly to your nonstick pots and pans. This will help you to cook faster and more enjoyable.
- You cannot by perfect cookware in the market. Nonstick cookware has some drawbacks such as easy to scratch, not suitable for dishwasher and you cannot place your nonstick cookware inside your stove (stovetop only)
How to Make Your Frying Pan Non-Stick and Non-Toxic
After comparing Stainless Steel Vs Nonstick Frying Pans, you may notice that both the stainless steel frying pan and nonstick frying pans both has its pros and cons. In term of which type of cookware you want to buy, the decision is yours. However, if the budget is not your main concern, having both stainless steel and nonstick cookware is highly recommended.
I am a hobby cooker! And Always love cooking and tasting other recipes. I do enjoy writing and researching on food related appliance. To be honest, I’m enjoying this kind of work and always love to write reviews and tips on different cookers brand and kitchen appliances.